Sunday, July 15, 2018

Being a father

My frequency of posting about Josh dropped precipitously after December 2010. This was partially because I was starting my professional career and partially because I wasn't sure what to share or how to share about Josh viz. his autism.

For 8 years, I worked on being the best father I could be to him and then to his brother. "The New Normal" asked if I would write a blog post about my experience for Father's Day this year.

Would I be the same father if son didn't have autism?

It got picked up by Dan Woog for his blog on Father's Day, too, because it had been inspired by my learning that a friend's son died in a tragic car accident. He republished it in it's entirety with more pictures of the family.

I'm a very lucky father.

Later, I asked a friend to spread the post further and she reposted an excerpt from it with a link back to the original.

Repost on The Lil Mamas with thanks to Celia Behar

Of all my publishing in science and medicine this is almost certainly the widest read document I've ever written.

No comments: